The Taku Chief at McKinley Crossing

The Taku Chief

Registry:  237245 (USA)

Built:  1938 at Seattle, Washington by Olson & Sunde Marine Works      Tonnage:  42

Hull Length:  59 ft       Hull Beam:  18 ft        Draft:  2.5 ft       Decks:  2

Powered by:  Diesel, Screw propeller          Service:  1945 to 1978

Crew:  5 (Captain, pilot, engineer, deckhand, cook)

Originally owned by the Taku Vessel Co. Sold to U.S. Civil Aeronautics Board in 1945 to service CAA facilities. Sold to Yutana Barge Lines, Inc. in 1956. Condemned in 1978. Currently on display at Nenana, Alaska.    To Read More: